[Asterisk-Users] BRI newbie queries.

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Wed Aug 6 17:08:10 MST 2003

Knowing very little about Basic Rate ISDN and having spent the last
couple of hours educating myself, I thought I would seek some more
informed comment. Please go easy if this is blindingly obvious :)

I have a ZyXEL Prestige 100 ISDN Router, a stand alone relic from when
we used to access the Net  via ISDN.

It has an ISDN BRI input, a 10BaseT ethernet connector, an RS232
connector for administration and a couple of RJ11s to connect analog
phones. I can find no reference to this unit on I4Linux lists or the
CAPI site.

Am I write in assuming that I cannot access the the ISDN data from
Asterisk, via the ethernet port?

Assuming this to be the case, are there any cards to avoid from an
Asterisk point of view when looking to purchase?

Thanks,

Richard