[Asterisk-Users] Using OH323 and Gatekeeper

Langley, Sean Sean.Langley at gdcanada.com
Wed Aug 6 12:30:10 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

>The correct exten:
>
>exten => 100,1,Dial,H323/[h323.id you want to call, using a gatekeeper]
>

>Notice I did not say 'peer'  as chan_h323 has no sense of a peer because
>of the gatekeeper component of H.323.
>

>>I can see how by doing that, asterisk would know how to route to the
>>gatekeeper for the phone numbers that it knows about.  But how do I get
>>asterisk to register with the gk so that any time another endpoint
connects
>>to the gk with it's given phone number, asterisk will not need another
line
>>in extensions.conf to know how to route the call.
>>

>gatekeeper=[ip or hostname of your gatekeeper]
>
>[my_h323id]
>type=h323
>prefix=1248

Thanks the your help, I'm getting closer.  Using a netmeeting client
registered with the gatekeeper I am now able to call a netmeeting endpoint
through asterisk.  When I answer the I see a connection in netmeeting
between the endpoint name and the h323.id of asterisk, however there is no
connection on the calling end.  The same thing happens when I originate the
call from the asterisk connected endpoint.  Here is what I have.

in extensions.conf
exten => 7311100,1,Dial,H323/(ip address of * connected netmeeting client)
exten => _730XXXX,1,Dial,H323/${EXTEN} ; route 730 prefix to the gatekeeper

in h323.conf
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
gatekeeper = (ip address of the gatekeeper)
AllowGKRouted = yes
context=default

[test]
type=h323