[Asterisk-Users] SIP + Grandstream 100 + TDM100P = lots of local echo, & questions about call transfers

James Sizemore james at deny.org
Tue Aug 5 20:09:27 MST 2003

Dave Alan Caruana wrote:

>hi ..
>
>I have an asterisk system with three TDM100P (single port FXO) cards
>and 10 Grandstream 100 phones connected to it ..
>
>1st question:
>when i phone out
>or receive a call from one of the SIP phones onto the PSTN, there is
>a LOT of local echo in the handset .. the PSTN end of the call does not
>here this echo, but it's VERY annoying on the SIP end of things ..
>the echo seems to be about 0.3 seconds delayed to the speech ..
>there is no echo on incoming voice, just an echo of my own voice
>as I speak.
>
>2nd question:
>using a grandstream phone & asterisk, if I hear another phone ringing,
>how can answer it from the phone infront of me? eg. if extension 6003
>is ringing, and i have phone number 6004, how can I answer it ?

You hit *8#  and you will pick up any call you have setup callgroups for.

sip.conf:

[6004]
type=friend
username=6004
canreinvite=no
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
host=dynamic

[6003]
type=friend
username=6003
canreinvite=no
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
host=dynamic

>3rd question:
>can someone give me some "starter hints" to configure call parking ?
>I haven't managed to find a direct way to transfer a call from phone
>to phone except using blind transfer and I want the person initiating
>the transfer to speak to the receiving person before actually passing
>the call.

extensions.conf:

[local]
include => parkedcalls
[default]
exten => 701,1,ParkedCall(701)
exten => 702,1,ParkedCall(702)
exten => 703,1,ParkedCall(703)
exten => 704,1,ParkedCall(704)
exten => 705,1,ParkedCall(705)
exten => 706,1,ParkedCall(706)
exten => 707,1,ParkedCall(707)
exten => 708,1,ParkedCall(708)
exten => 709,1,ParkedCall(709)
exten => 710,1,ParkedCall(710)

parking.conf:

[general]
parkext => 700                          ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 701-720                      ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls                  ; Which context parked calls are in
parkingtime => 45