[Asterisk-Users] Using OH323 and Gatekeeper

Jeremy McNamara jj at indie.org
Tue Aug 5 09:39:23 MST 2003

Langley, Sean wrote:

>John wrote:
>

>>Use the gatekeeper ip in the extension that you are dialing in
>>extensions.conf
>>

>>exten => 100,1,Dial,H323/user at IPofGK

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That Line is wrong

The correct exten:

exten => 100,1,Dial,H323/[h323.id you want to call, using a gatekeeper]

Notice I did not say 'peer'  as chan_h323 has no sense of a peer because
of the gatekeeper component of H.323.

>I can see how by doing that, asterisk would know how to route to the
>gatekeeper for the phone numbers that it knows about.  But how do I get
>asterisk to register with the gk so that any time another endpoint connects
>to the gk with it's given phone number, asterisk will not need another line
>in extensions.conf to know how to route the call.

gatekeeper=[ip or hostname of your gatekeeper]

[my_h323id]
type=h323
prefix=1248

All of this is explained in the h323.conf.sample and the documentation I
have submitted to Digium.

Jeremy McNamara