[Asterisk-Users] Using OH323 and Gatekeeper

Langley, Sean Sean.Langley at gdcanada.com
Tue Aug 5 09:29:51 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

>Langley, Sean wrote:
>
>>When I put the ip address of the gatekeeper into h323.conf, asterisk
failed
>>to load.  I get an error that I can't open an h323 listener on port 1720.
>>

>Something is already using port 1720.
>

>Jeremy McNamara

When I do an netstat there doesn't appear to be anything on the port.  I am
wondering if I am just plainly setting it up wrong.

Here is my snippet from h323.conf

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = [gkipaddress]

By default the bindaddr is 0.0.0.0, when I run asterisk with this default,
the netstat command does not reaveal anything running on port 1720.  The
error that I get is as following:

"ERROR[1074424544]: File chan_h323.c, Line 1658 (load_module): Unable to
create H323 listener"

Regards,

Sean Langley, P.Eng
Firmware Engineer