[Asterisk-Users] SIP + Grandstream 100 + TDM100P = lots of local echo, & questions about call transfers

frank.barthe at prescom.net frank.barthe at prescom.net
Tue Aug 5 00:24:37 MST 2003

Dave Alan Caruana wrote:

> The Grandstream phones are on a LAN, the * server connects to the phonelines
> via the X100P cards. When I call from the Grandstream phones onto the PSTN
> there is a VERY big amount of echo, ie. I can hear myself in the earpiece.

My configuration :
1 - X-TEL SIP phone
    - phone handset connected to sound blaster
    (providing no accoustic echo by itself. Tested with Netmeeting)
2 - one single FXO board
    (on the Asterisk side)
3 - remote = PSTN telephone set or GSM telephone set

The symptoms :
- broad local echo (IP side)
- tiny echo on the PSTN side

What I have tried :
1 - change the handset with an USB one (nothing change but the
    sound quality : worst !)
2 - change the echo canceller attached to the FXO board (nothing
    really noticiable)
3 - change to IAX (changing the client software) : seems to cancel
    the echo (!?)

Problem stays alive !