[Asterisk-Users] Channel banks, etc.

Steve steve at szmidt.org
Mon Aug 4 20:51:13 MST 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 11:40 pm, Steve Meyers wrote:
> Where can I find a good tutorial on how channel banks work?  I need to
> get a 6 port (or so) channel bank for FXO.  I need to find some
> information on which ones are supported well under Linux and with
> Asterisk, how to configure them, what specifically to look for in a
> channel bank, etc.  I'm pretty new to all this, so I'm not familiar with
> a lot of the terms and such.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

One I really like (and BTW it is not a matter of being compatible with any
computer system as what we are now dealing with pure telephone technology)
is Adtran 850 and similar.

It has 6 moduls for 4 port cards that can be either station (FXS) or office
(FXO). Station cards are used on your side and office on the phone
company's.

It's hard to find better hardware than Adtran. Here's a link:
http://www.adtran.com/adtranpx/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5BF5C7CEE8D8313E49B4D65B30BDDF4734%5D%5D&product=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5B20660A7B632E264C83746F8C71A6D37B%5D%5D

(Make sure it's on one line when you paste it.)
--

Steve