[Asterisk-Users] Musiconhold interrupted sound

Michael Ulitskiy mulitskiy at acedsl.com
Mon Aug 4 12:31:25 MST 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 02:56 pm, Jamie Neil wrote:
> Quoting Michael Ulitskiy [mulitskiy at acedsl.com]:
> > Hi again,
> >
> > Am I really the only one who's having this problem?
> > Music on hold playing like this is very annoying and
> > practically unusable.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> No - you're not alone :)

Glad to hear. Then there's a hope it's gonna be fixed :)

> I've had similar problems with SIP since I started experimenting with *
> nearly a year ago. I still get it on my current cvs system every now and
> then although it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Sometimes the moh
> will start off ok but then seem to lose sync and break up after a minute or
> so, other times (like now ;) ) it seems perfect apart from the odd little
> glitch. I just put it down to the fact that I have no real zap devices
> (chan_capi & sip only) and so rely on ztdummy for timing. I was hoping that
> when I got around to putting an digium fxs card in, the problem would
> disappear completely!

The strange thing is that the fact whether ztdummy is loaded or not does not
really affect sound quality in my case. I guess asterisk might not using/seeing it.
Does it requires some special configuration?

> I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that Michael Manousos' oh323 channel
> driver was _not_ affected by this problem (this was before Jeremy McNamara's
> h323 channel was usable), maybe because it doesn't use the same * libraries
> as other voip channels, however it's been a while since I played with h323
> so I don't know if that's still the case.

This sounds really strange to me as I think the problem is central to asterisk, not to
particular driver and behavior is exactly the same over sip and chan_h323.
Ok. I'll try chan_oh323 and see if it makes any difference.

> Jamie Neil
> Versado I.T. Services Ltd.

Thanks Jamie.

Michael