[Asterisk-Users] Bridged trunks stuck off hook.

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Mon Aug 4 11:42:30 MST 2003

Hi,
I'm getting a situation where 2 of my trunks (loopstart pots) are
occationally bridged together (3624 Newbridge channel bank - asterisk
signalling=fxs_ks for trunks) and are staying off hook until I do a 'soft
hangup' on one of them. When I listen on a butt set each of the lines are
silent (or at least by the time I find them). I am guessing one of the end
users isn't properly waiting for dial tone and inadvertently doing a
transfer.

The line connected to Zap/1 seems most apt to be involved - I'm wondering if
the telco is not indicating hangup from the remote end.

Any suggestions? Maybe a timeout on bridged trunks?

John

>snips...
hc-ast*CLI> show channels
        Channel  (Context    Extension    Pri )   State Appl.         Data
        Zap/1-1  (hc_trunks  s            1   )      Up Bridged Call
Zap/2-1
        Zap/2-1  (hc_fxs     6000         1   )      Up Dial
Zap/g1/7828503
6 active channel(s)

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.