[Asterisk-Users] newbie question - devices

McAughan, Matt MMcAughan at synhrgy.com
Mon Aug 4 09:19:12 MST 2003

Santiago:

Just internally speaking for 20 users with very little room for growth you
could purchase a T100P (T1 card) from Digium. Place the T100P it in the
Asterisk server. Connect the T100P to a Zhone Z-Plex channel bank (or any
other supported channel bank). The channel bank will break the T1 out in to
24 analog handset ports. Ports you could plug any analog phone in to.

Next you worry about how to connect Asterisk up to the PSTN, using ISDN,
PRI, or what ever is available in your area. It will necessitate the
purchase of another card, something Digium can provide, but there are other
options out there such as the ISDN cards supported under Linux. Actually if
you have good bandwidth without any telephony cards you could choose PSTN
access through any number of VoIP providers using SIP and IAX protocols.

Hope this helps. Post a little more details and someone will jump in and
lend you a hand, or contact me off list and we can discuss further. Good
luck,

- Matt