[Asterisk-Users] how many voicemail box asterisk can support

Michael Graff Michael_Graff at isc.org
Wed Apr 30 11:58:03 MST 2003

"Yan Huang" <yhuang at pulver.com> writes:

> Hi:
> when add a new voicemailbox, asterisk will create a new directory to it.
> since linux has limitation for the number of subdirectory. i wonder
> how many voicemailbox can asterisk support?

I'd be shocked if you reached the limit with voice mail.

It's not the number of subdirectories on linux I hope -- it should be the
number of inodes in use or something similar.  Note that I'm a NetBSD
hacker and this linux thing is something I'm going to try very hard to
remove as soon as asterisk runs reliably on NetBSD.  It's very close,
thanks to work from someone with OpenBSD.

--Michael