[Asterisk-Users] Two Rings

Benjamin J. Bawkon bbawkon at malibutech.com
Tue Apr 29 12:31:57 MST 2003

I've asked this question in the IRC Channel, and have had no happiness
yet :-(
I have incoming lines hooked to asterisk using X100P's.  Unfortunately,
when we cal forward our lines using the phone company, the line still
rings about a half of a time.  This is enough to get * to start 'simple
switch' and after my 2 second wait, answer the line.  Unfortunately, *
doesn't see the hang-up, and it loops until absolute time out.  This can
be quite a problem since the office is pretty busy, and we end up with *
being constantly busy.  This makes is so that we can't UN-FORWARD the
line.

What I need to do is have * not answer the call unless the line rings
TWICE.  I've tried a wait before answer, but all that does is wait x
seconds after the first ring.  * ends up picking up the line and getting
dial-tone.  Not good.

Is there any way to get * to NOT ANSWER a call if it only rings once?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Ben