[Asterisk-Users] Creating a phone channel

Zara Trousk zaratrousk at mindless.com
Tue Apr 29 09:14:41 MST 2003

First of all do a
cat /proc/ixj
See what number is your card, if it is the only card it should be Card ) being /dev/phone0
Then check the phone conf make sure your device is listed there and is in mode=immediate ou mode=dialtone
finally you should have an extension on the proper context stating something like:

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(Phone/phone0,20)

This should ring the phone on /dev/phone0 for 20 seconds, you can remove the ,20 part if you wish to ring it infinitely.

On * console you can try and dial it by issuing the following command:
* CLI> dial 2002123456 at Your_context

If that is a plain new install the easiest way to start is to put it on [demo] context.

-P