[Asterisk-Users] Voice Modem Support?

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Tue Apr 29 01:49:42 MST 2003

Your Modem should be compatibile with AOpen standard Voice Modems. If this
is true, using the modem to call with asterisk is EXTREMELY simple :)

/etc/asterisk/modem.conf:

[interfaces]
context=remote
; Modem Drivers to load
;
driver=aopen
;
; Default language
;
;language=en
;
; We can optionally override the auto detection.  This is necessaryM
; particularly if asterisk does not know about our kind of modem.M
;
;type=autodetect
type=aopen

; We can strip a given number of digits on outgoing dialing, so, for
exampleM
; you can have it dial "8871042" when given "98871042".M
;
;stripmsd=1
;
; Type of dialing
;
dialtype=tone
;dialtype=pulse

mode=immediate

; List all devices we can use.
;
device => /dev/ttySx (use here the COM port which your modem is attached to)

Then, in extensions.conf:

exten => _N.,1,Dial,Modem/ttySx:${EXTEN}

Note that this is a VERY SMALL EXAMPLE. :-)

--
Stefano