[Asterisk-Users] Sending CID to ATA186?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Apr 28 19:55:12 MST 2003

This deal has got me confused.

My dial plan rings my ATA186 on all incoming calls.  If I don't pick up,
it goes to voicemail.

Under either of those circumstances, the callerid screen on my phone
stays blank, and the message waiting indicator does NOT come on.

But anytime a call comes in for me while I'm already talking on the
phone, BOTH of those things happen. . .

So what do I need, I wonder, to get CID to register, and the MWI light
to go on, during cases when I am either here and pick up, or (in the
latter case) when I'm gone and voicemail picks up.

Thanks.

B.