[Asterisk-Users] RE: Packet8 New Area Codes and Rate Centers

William Walsh william at wxw.org
Mon Apr 28 18:43:53 MST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 02:11, Eric Wieling wrote:
> Packet8 provides a *similar* service to Iconnect.  However, Packet8
> requires that you use their SIP device (the DTA310)
>
> I've been told that Iconnect doesn't charge for INCOMING calls

They have a flat rate incoming calls service (for 8.95/mo, I think, on
top of another outgoing monthly rate plan).  The incoming is unlimited
for that rate.

> , I've
> also been told that Packet8 does charge for incoming calls.

If you go for any plan but the unlimited one, then they bill incoming
minutes against your plan just like outgoing ones.

As for the DTMF question......I have no idea.  I have not actually used
packet8's service.

I heard someone had gotten it * to work with asterisk (Some CallerID
hacks I believe were necessary), but I don't have the details here.

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz