[Asterisk-Users] No ring on extensions

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Apr 28 11:16:41 MST 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003 12:12 PM, Surfer Dude
[SMTP:swell at labranch.com] wrote:

> Can someone tell me where ring is generated?  Is it the electronics
in
> the channel bank or is it a signal sent from the software?

The software (asterisk) will determine the state (in this case ringing)
and send that information to the channel bank over the T1 line via the
signaling bits of the appropriate channel. The Channel bank will
recognize the 'ring the phone' signal and which channel of the 24 it
applies to and then provide the ringing voltage to the appropriate
phone line.

Don Pobanz