[Asterisk-Users] using asterisk as a mgcp <-> h.323 translator

Karl Putland karl at putland.linux-site.net
Mon Apr 28 07:55:38 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 08:16, Sean Watkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I havn't actually tried this yet, but would it be possible to use asterisk
> as a mgcp <-> h.323 translator?
>
> For example, I have mgcp service from Next Gen telephone company. But i only
> have a h.323 phone. Would there be a way to the mgcp signalling to hit
> asterisk, and then have it fire the call out h.323?

* works as an MGCP CallAgent not an endpoint.

> And vice versa?
>
> Just brainstorming.

Here's some brainstorming...

You could hang * off of one of the endpoints of the MGCP device.

[NextGen] <-- mgcp --> [MGCP device] <--> X100P <--> * <-- h323 --> [h323 device]

Not ideal but since * is a CA and not an endpoint and this point, It's
the best I can imagine right now.

Either that or figure out how to implement an endpoint configuration in
chan_mgcp.c

--Karl

Karl Putland <karl at putland.linux-site.net>