[Asterisk-Users] Wildcard TDM400P (TDM40B) connectors

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Fri Apr 25 20:02:13 MST 2003

On Friday, April 25, 2003 9:22 PM, Randy Smith
[SMTP:forhire at tigermtn.com] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm no phone guy but I've been having quite a bit of fun messing with
>
> Asterisk. I just unwrapped my new Wildcard TDM400P (TDM40B) which is
> the new
> 4 port FXS PCI card. It has 4 RJ45 connectors and I'd like to hookup
4

> regular phones which are RJ11. If I crip RJ45 connectors to the phone
> cords
> do I simple use the center two pins (pins 4 and 5)?

Yes you would use pins 4 and 5 of the RJ45 jack which are the two
center pins.

Another option is to plug the RJ11 plug into the RJ45 jack.  The middle
two pins of the RJ11 (pins 3 & 4) and the middle two pins of the RJ45
(pins 4 & 5) line up.

Don Pobanz