[Asterisk-Users] X100P odd state behavior on shared/split line.

Michael lion at apocalypse.org
Fri Apr 25 19:55:48 MST 2003

Hello all,

There's been a consistent problem with Asterisk and a telephone line
which has been answered by someone or someone that has placed an out
going call.

My configuration is a X100P that is plugged in with a telephone line
that is split between it and a small Panasonic PBX. Asterisk is
used strictly for voicemail.

While the phone is off-hook, it will repeatedly go through this loop:

     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Executing Wait("Zap/1-1", "30") in new stack
   == Spawn extension (default, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Executing Wait("Zap/1-1", "30") in new stack
   == Spawn extension (default, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

What is even stranger, is sometimes Asterisk will not hit the "Hungup"
state, but continue on in the extensions script.. that is run the
voicemail app. The later behavior happens randomly -- sometimes 1 minute
into the call, sometimes 15 minutes into the call, sometimes never.

I've done a CVS update as of Friday, April 25th @ ~6:00pm EST. Yes,
I did a "make clean", yes I made sure the old kernel modules were
unloaded and the freshly compiled ones loaded, and did restart with
the newer asterisk app.

One theory I had was maybe the telephone line should not be split, but the
telephone line should go into the X100P line-port, and then cord
run from the X100P phone-port to the Panasonic PBX.

Asterisk works flawless for answering an incoming call and handling
voicemail.

Any clues?

-- Michael
lion at apocalypse.org