[Asterisk-Users] Dialplan question

Derek Beaumont jerkface2098 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 11:29:41 MST 2003

First, here's what I want to do / what I have:

X100P and a Quicknet PhoneJack.
I want to be able to pick up the analog phone (connected to the phonejack)
and dial another computer (with the same hardware) or just make a regular
phone call which will be decided by asterisk depending on the phone number
dialed.  I know that this won't be taking full advantage of asterisk, but
I'm just trying to get a connection before I go into deeper configuration.

So far, I have asterisk running, and I get a dialtone when I pick up the
phone ... however, when I dial a digit, I get a busy signal.

I'm pretty sure I need to create an ID for the computer to connect to in
iax.conf

[remote]
type=friend
host=x.x.x.x
context=default

I have read the documentation on the dialplans and I am a little confused:
I have a PhoneJack card connected to my analog phone, so should I use IAX
channels in extensions.conf?
How can I send a local call through the regular phone line, instead of
through the internet?

Sorry if this seems like I'm jumping all over the place?