[Asterisk-Users] Re: two computers set up ... now what?

Wade Weppler weppler at wwworks-inc.com
Thu Apr 24 16:44:00 MST 2003

> So... essentially I need to spend another $125 US on a Wildcard TDM400P so
> can plug in an analog phone?

	Yes, or the S100U, but the TDM400P is your best choice.

> On the X100P description it says:
> "The X100P supports FXS Loopstart and "Kewlstart" (Loopstart with far end
> disconnection supervision). It can detect ringing and remote hangup and
> fully supports Pseudo-TDM bridging through Zaptel"
>
> So this is telling me that the X100P will function only with an FXS
> device... is this correct?

	It supports FXS signaling, and interfaces with FXO devices (ie. your
Telco).  (FXO devices uses FXS signaling, and vice versa)

	When you setup your Asterisk configuration, you'll have to keep this
signaling vs. interface stuff in mind.

> Sorry for the 'simplistic' questions, but I don't have much of a telecom
> background.

No problem!  We all gotta start somewhere!

-wade