Wait doesn't read DTMF? Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Collecting dialed digits

James Hines telephony at athenium.com
Thu Apr 24 15:51:58 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 18:20, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> Actually you use a timeout and a timeout extension.
>
> Basically like this
>
> [incoming]
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,2,Wait,1 ; lets the line fully init and the person to have
> 		; the phone on the ear
> exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
> exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
> exten => s,5,Background,menu-incoming ; note background allows DTMF
> 			; detection during playback
>
> exten => 1,1,Background,option1
> exten => 2,1,Background,option2
> exten => 3,1,Background,option3
>
> exten => t,1,Goto,s|5 ; On timeout loop to menu
> exten => i,1,Playback,invalid
> exten => i,2,Goto,s|5 ; on invalid notify, and loop

Well, what I did was a little different.. instead of my menu being one
long sound file, I have it split up.. so I have something like:

[incoming]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait,1
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,5,Background,welcome-message
exten => s,6,Wait,1
exten => s,7,Background,press-extension-anytime
exten => s,8,Wait,1
exten => s,9,Background,main-sales
exten => s,10,Wait,1
exten => s,11,Background,main-support
exten => s,12,Wait,1
exten => s,13,Background,main-directory

I realize that I could either edit it into 1 big file, or record 1
second of silence and do "Background,silence" to get this to work, but
it seemed like there should be a wait that doesn't throw away DTMF, and
probably also a note in the documentation that would explain that Wait
throws away the data.

jwsh