Wait doesn't read DTMF? Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] Collecting dialed digits

James Hines telephony at athenium.com
Thu Apr 24 14:52:04 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 16:00, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Thursday 24 April 2003 13:49, JKNUTSEN at UP.COM wrote:
> > I am trying to set up an auto attendant for the first time,
> > and am having trouble getting to the submenu.  My
> > extensions.conf file looks like this:
> >
> > [incoming]
> >
> > exten=> s,1,Background,menu1
> > exten=> s,2,Wait,20
> > exten=> s,3,Goto,s|1
> >
> > exten=> 1,1,Playback,option1
> > exten=> 2,1,Playback,option2
> > exten=> 3,1,Playback,option3
>
> You should instead take advantage of the timeout.  Asterisk will
> not receive DTMF during a Wait.

Wow, this is not something that I was aware of. I think this might be
causing some of the "DTMF detection problems"  my users have been
reporting. I use Wait's in between playing menu options, and after I
answer. If people are pressing digits during this time they'll get
hosed. I did some looking and I didn't see a way to do a wait that
doesn't throw away the digits.. am I missing something, or should I add
a built-in (Say, "Pause"?) that won't throw away the frames (or is this
a bug and Wait wasn't really supposed be throwing away data)?

jwsh