[Asterisk-Users] Zapata not required??

Jerry Gibson jerrygib at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 24 10:39:50 MST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mark Spencer
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 9:53 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Zapata not required??

> Just browsing through the asterisk.org site and I see in the setup
> isntructions that only Zaptel, Libpri and Asterisk need to be checked
> out..
>
> Has Zapata been intergrated into one of the other packages?

>Zapata is not needed for Asterisk anymore.  When we moved to
reading/writing the zap interface in 160 sample  increments (because
some phones could not handle the jitter) we had to abandon all the
zapata code which assumes 204 samples.

>Mark

Does this mean that the instructions for downloading * from CVS no
longer includes the Zapata directory, make, install etc.?

Thanks,
Jerry