[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing SIP Call to unregistered Users

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Thu Apr 24 07:40:33 MST 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:29:27PM +0200, Klaus Hueske wrote:

> Another problem is calling SIP users that are not registered to
> asterisk.  Giving kphone the address sip:name at anyhost causes asterisk
> to search for the extension name, but there is no such extension. Are
> there ways to say asterisk, that these calls should only be forwarded
> to the given host?

Last I checked, no.  To do this, I put a SIP proxy in front of the *
application on the same box.  All inbound SIP traffic is handled by the
SIP proxy and passed on to * as needed.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string
together lots of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks.
-- Vineet Kumar