[Asterisk-Users] ADSI Analogue phones

Wed Apr 23 22:53:51 MST 2003

I'm trying to work out whether I want an ADSI phone or not, and in fact,
whether it is ... useful/works with Asterisk.

I have decided that for the cost/performance of the various IP based phones,
I am not interested, I seem to get significantly better quality from a plain
analogue phone using the TDM40B card.

Is it beneficial to get an ADSI phone as opposed to a plain old analogue
phone from the local K-Mart?
What are the options for ADSI capable phones which will work with the
TDM40B?
Is there anyone in Australia who can supply an ADSI capable phone?
Am I looking in the wrong direction and I just need to get a something else
enabled phone?

I'm mainly thinking that to replace an existing PBX where they have the
various buttons for different extensions, or other slightly more advanced
features....

Regards,
Adam