[Asterisk-Users] PBX Console

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Wed Apr 23 16:52:56 MST 2003

I'll summarize instead of text-inserting:  I agree that a text based
interface for an operator (perhaps with a fancy ANSI or VT100
pseudo-graphics look) would be the best solution for some
installations.  Keystrokes are much more operator-friendly than a
mouseclick.  Access to directory functions are extremely useful, as
would be some ability to rename call groups by the individual user
who is accessing the transfer station.  Gastman (or any mouse-driven
app, regardless of the underlying OS) is not what I would put in
front of an operator that saw a lot of activity.

I'm betting almost all of this can be done the way you want by using
the same TCP based interface that gastman uses.  Check it out.  You'd
simply be writing your own call manager application on top of the
pre-existing API-ish interface, which was (I assume) why that
interface was abstracted to a TCP socket with generic data about call
states.

JT