[Asterisk-Users] OT: Multiple SIP phones behind NAT gateway?

Matthew Farley asterisk at wheatstate.net
Wed Apr 23 09:34:42 MST 2003

     Though it does not provide a solution to your challenge with the
hardware you mention, I have had very good luck with Cisco ATA-186
devices (one or many) behind NAT (nothing special... any basic NAT
router seems to be fine) connecting via SIP to an asterisk server with a
public IP. My understanding is that some of the IP phones from Cisco can
do this just as well, if you want to avoid having ordainary phones on
the desks.

     I overcome the ordainary-phone problem by putting Nortel Vista 350s
on the ATA-186s... They don't deliver the features of the true
IP-Phones, but my users seem to expect that an IP-connected telephone
look like something out-of-the-ordainary. :)

Just my $0.02...

-Matthew Farley

--
Matthew Farley <asterisk at wheatstate.net>