[Asterisk-Users] (Hardware (processor) requirements / Performance

Rahim Nathwani asterisk at encona.com
Wed Apr 23 03:04:23 MST 2003

I've not used Asterisk before and, having found very little mention of
performance in the handbook and the list archives, and wondering whether
someone can give me some guidance about the below.

If I were to use asterisk as a bridge between a 30-channel PRI and 30
H323 clients (using GSM compression), how can I work out how much memory
and processor power I will need?  I'm hoping to be able to run multiple 1U
boxes for redundancy, with each box being an entry-level rackmount server
with 1 (zaptel-compatible) PCI card to interface to an E1.

Any comments/pointers would be appreciated.

Rahim.