[Asterisk-Users] Best IP phone?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Mon Apr 21 15:14:03 MST 2003

I had very much the same requirements as you and was also looking at the SNOM 100, I asked a similar question on the list here and the advice I got was the same as I am going to give you.. I went for the SNOME phones, if you are going to go for the SNOM phones rather spend the little extra and get the SNOM 200... I have had mine about a week now and even though I havent really setup that many features yet I am still quite impressed with the phone...

Another good thing is that it looks like SNOM and Asterisk are working quite closely together getting the functionality of the two produscts to work together.. for example there is currently a problem with the GSM codec between the SNOM phone and Asterisk, Mark and someone from SNOM are apparently going to be working to resolve it this week..

This is not to say that the Cisco's and others are a bad option just that the SNOM 200 is a good option especially at the price..

Hope that helps..