[Asterisk-Users] ${EPOCH} and ${DATETIME} patch

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sun Apr 20 20:10:32 MST 2003

This is actually fairly useful.  I did the equivalent (again, for a
filename like you did) with an AGI.  Here is my method below.  It's
less elegant (requires an AGI call every time) but more flexible
(uses the Linux built-in "date" program to produce any number of
variations on date/time).  I suppose a quick extension could be
written into the AGI to also specify the time/date format, but I
didn't get that fancy with this version.

Contents of the file /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/set-timestamp.agi:

#!/bin/sh
longtime=`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S`
echo SET VARIABLE timestamp $longtime

;(snippet from extensions.conf)
;Now, I call the AGI:
exten => s,1,AGI(set-timestamp.agi)
; and the results are set in $timestamp
exten => s,2,SetVar(CALLFILENAME=${timestamp}-${ARG2}-${ARG1})

JT