[Asterisk-Users] RE: iLBC

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Apr 18 08:37:43 MST 2003

> if we forget the oss problems, then it remains to replace host address
> in ruri/to/from headers with name.  an example from
> draft-ietf-sipping-basic-call-flows-02.txt:

For the "From" header, it is configurable with "fromdomain" on a per-peer
or global basis in the "general" section.

For the "To" and URI header, I've modified chan_sip to put the requested
host name in the place instead of the IP address, when the host is known,
so I'll be happy to get feedback from people about how this works.

The only situation where a name is not used is for when a device must
register with us.  Otherwise the name is taken either from the "host="
line, or from the acutual name used if there is no associated peer.

Mark