[Asterisk-Users] RE: iLBC

Juha Heinanen jh at lohi.eng.song.fi
Thu Apr 17 11:45:21 MST 2003

Mark writes:

  However, draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01 says, as you point out, that it
  should be 50.  I've gone ahead and modified Asterisk to expect the 50 byte
  frames, but I suppose somewhere we need to be able to handle both types.

i gave the latest (a hour ago) cvs a try and now * didn't complain about
received 50 byte rtp payload, but was still sending 52 byte payloads.
since 50 bytes is what it should be, could you please also change the
sending side.

i cannot tell if ilbc works the other way, because asterisk still
doesn't play anything that kphone sends to it (nor the ringing tone),
when invite comes into it.

also, i cannot call anymore out from *, because now again * has started
to use ip addresses in stead of names in from/to headers.  this used to
work like yesterday, but apparently something has got broken or i need
to use some new sip configuration parameter that i don't know anything
about.

-- juha