[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail silence/click/cadence/ring/hang-up detection

David Carr dac1 at drgutah.com
Wed Apr 16 18:27:52 MST 2003

Does anybody have hang-up detection working properly with a CAC access bank
1 FXO channel bank? CAC says the problem is in the wildcard T1 card, the
zaptel driver, or asterisk but I have no way of knowing for sure. After
fumbling around for hours with all the asterisk settings I now have busy
detection working but only if busycount = 1 or 2.

The tone patterns for "my" hang-up are very predictable. First there is a
hang-up noise, then several seconds of silence, then several line "clicks",
and then a ring tone, and lastly an automated message from the central
office. All this happens even when busycount=1. In my testing, having
callprogress yes or no seems to have no impact.

My questions for any of you who have been through this before:

1) I stumbled across the busycount variable (in zapata.conf) completely by
accident as it's not there when you make samples. Are there other
zapata.conf variables that I can fool with to resolve this further?

2) In chan_zap.c there seem to be many other
silence/click/cadence/ring/hang-up detection functions. Is there some
configuration I can implement to get these functions to kick in to detect a
hang-up in voicemail?

3) Does changing a line to ground start help? I'd have to go through the
telco for that so it's an option but probably last resort. I don't know the
differences between loop start and ground start - what else would it impact
if I changed to ground start?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer advice.

Dave