[Asterisk-Users] Xten - Free windows SIP client

William Walsh william at wxw.org
Wed Apr 16 18:26:47 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 15:58, Jim Flagg wrote:
> http://www.xten.com/products.php
>
> Anybody using it with *?
>
> William Walsh was beta testing it, not sure if he used it with *.
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-March/008265.html

I did.  It worked very well, but the issue with it still not supporting
selectable sound device configuration in the PC Version is reason enough
to reject it for regular use at the moment IMO.  If they solve that
issue, then it will be, again IMO, the best SIP softphone for the PC
market.  And I've done more than enough testing of SIP softphones to be
able to say that (from an end user point of view)  :)

It's attractive, easy to use, fully functional, and is from a company
that has been very responsive to customers (at least in their beta
program).

--
William Walsh <william at wxw.org>
Jabber: william at wxw.biz