[Asterisk-Users] Hangup detection problems

Jim Gottlieb jimmy-ml at nccom.com
Wed Apr 16 13:24:45 MST 2003

On 2003-04-16 at 01:05, David Carr (dac1 at drgutah.com) wrote:

> when I plug either POTS line into the channel bank, dial in from the
> outside, and leave myself a voicemail, hangup detection never occurs.

No setting in asterisk will help you here.  This is a defect or
mis-setting of your channel bank.  The channel bank needs to detect the
hangup, and then it will send the right signal (usually via A & B bits)
to asterisk.

Call the company that makes the channel bank and see if they can help
you with this.  Alternatively, get your lines converted to ground
start.  It appears the X100P does not support ground start, so if you
need to make outgoing calls on these lines, they would need to go
through the channel bank.