[Asterisk-Users] * kernel panic

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Apr 16 11:52:58 MST 2003

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:>

> have you tried booting linux with kernel option 'nosmp' and then rebuilt
> asterisk?

I hate to stir the pot, but I have an observation that might help in the
debugging here.

I have two identical boxes, hardware-wise, onto which I have installed
identical X100Ps.  All the other peripherals are identical, as well.

But on one of them I can't get asterisk to run; it causes a kernel panic
before I can even get the CLI prompt.  I thought it was because I had
built the binary on another machine, but I downloaded the appropriate
sources and it built cleanly.

Yet it still causes a panic immediately I start asterisk.

There is one big difference, though, between the two machines.  The
"crash" machine is running an old Linux distribution that as a
non-current version of libc on it.

For now I'm suspecting that as the problem, as it is the only real
difference between the two machines.

FWIW.

B.