[Asterisk-Users] How to pickup incoming calls immediately?

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Wed Apr 16 09:51:19 MST 2003

Hi,

I set up a t1 from my sys75 to asterisk. After much experimentation I got it
to work as e&m wink start. If dialing the trunk access code from the sys75
(a 5 - this is stripped on the s75), asterisk picks up and provides dial
tone immediately. Here is the problem, after about 3 seconds that line
switches into s,1 of the default context.

If I dial (5)1234 very fast - before the switch to default, the call works
fine.

    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/37-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/37-1", "Zap/22|30") in new stack
    -- Called 22
    -- Zap/22-1 is ringing

...or if I dial (5) then wait until after asterisk switches to default and
then dial 1303, the call also works fine (the previous block of messages is
preceded by all the normal default context messages).

If the switch occurs while dialing (5)1234 the string gets truncated and the
an invalid extension is dialed and the 'not in service' message plays.

    -- Hungup 'Zap/37-1'
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/36-1'
  == Unknown extension '12' in context 'default' requested
    -- Playing 'ss-noservice'

...depending on how fast I dial the unknown ext will be '1', '12' or '123'.

A related thing happens when calling in from fxo - it rings ~2 times before
asterisk answers and the call goes into default. Does anyone know how to
change this behavior and either make it go to default immediately or
determine the wait time (like eliminate it)?

John

--------- zapata.conf ------------------ (snip) ----------------
signalling = em_w
context=default
callerid="Internal Caller EC s75_400" <845-928-2321>
group=4
channel => 25-48

-------- extensions.conf -------------- (snip) -----------------
[s75_400_T1]                    ; How simple can it get??
;exten => s,1,Wait(0)            ;I've played around a bunch
;exten => s,2,Goto(default,s,2)
include => default

[default]
;;;;;;;;;;;exten => s,1,Wait,0 ;------- tried this
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,3,ResponseTimeout,10
exten => s,4,BackGround,please_dial_pcm
etc.
exten => 1234,1,Dial,Zap/22|30

span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-8
fxoks=9-24
e&m=25-48

This e-mail was scanned and found clean by Monroe-Woodbury CSD Antivirus.