[Asterisk-Users] RH9 won't finish Asterisk make

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Apr 16 08:35:16 MST 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 10:05 am, Jerry Gibson wrote:
> Just loaded Redhat 9.0. went well. Checked out latest CVS of
> Asterisk. Everything went well until I started  ( make clean; make
> install asterisk ).
> I attached the resulting output. I believe I've seen this on the
> list before.  Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm new
> to linux, so please be gentle.

There is no 'asterisk' target, so it was unable to follow your command
line instructions to 'make asterisk'.  It does, however, know about
the targets 'clean' and 'install' (as well as a few others), so it was
able to comply with your instructions in those cases.  You may want
to read the manpage for make, if you don't quite understand all of
this yet.

-Tilghman