[Asterisk-Users] DTMF tones not long enough

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask at develooper.com
Mon Apr 14 08:31:51 MST 2003

Hi,

My system is like this currently:

ATA-186 <-> *1 <-> IAX2 to Europe <-> *2 <-> i4l <-> voicemail at cell
provider

When I dial up to my voicemail at my European cell phone provider I
can't press '#' to get into their menu.  It seems like it just ignores
any DTMF tones or doesn't get them.

When I call a human on the other side of the i4l they say that they can
hear the DTMF tones, but I don't know how well.

I tried calling Echo on the second * box and I do hear DTMF tones
coming back, but they are really short - barely there at all.

I am getting a TDM400P card; will that work better/differently than the
ATA in this regard?

On IRC Mark talked about extending the DTMF system to keep track of
"button down" and "button up" events instead of just "button pressed".
  For me then a temporary work around of just making the tones a bit
longer would work - I think.  Maybe.  Perhaps.

Any ideas?

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/