[Asterisk-Users] Running Asterisk on non-intel hardware

Mon Apr 14 06:40:37 MST 2003

> Hi all, im new to Asterisk and to the list.
>
> Im trying to run asterisk on a mini-pc with a VIA EPIA Mainboard, the
> processor is the VIA C3 800.
>
> When i compile on the C3, after make, i launch Asterisk and he die with an
> "illegal instruction"
>
> Someone can help me ?? (compiled the CVS on an athlon machine....running
> ok!)

You might need to edit the makefile see the PROC definition at the top of
the file... I'm not to sure about all this, but it may help.

I also have seen it said that you require a PIII or better for the zap
hardware, though I am using a X100P and S100U on a AMD Athlon ...

Perhaps this will be enough to help, or someone else will fill in with more
details?

Regards,
Adam