[Asterisk-Users] New 4port FXS

Mon Apr 14 06:19:39 MST 2003

Well, I got my nice new 4 port FXS card this afternoon, and with all my
other asterisk problems, decided now was a good time to throw it in....

So far, I have dropped it in, done a clean cvs checkout on zapata, zaptel,
asterisk, make clean and make install on each.

I can load the wcfxs module which finds the card (though one time it failed
the register check and locked the machine up, a hard reboot was the only
option. It also always locks the machine for at least 5 - 10 seconds when

I can start asterisk and call the stations, call between the stations etc.

The only problem I have at the moment is that the phones attached to the 4
port card do not display the callerid, while if I connect the phones to my
ATA186 they do display callerid.

Here is some debug output when calling from one extension to another:
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/666-7cb0", "zap/5|20|rt") in new stack
    -- Called 5
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
WARNING[12300]: File chan_zap.c, Line 2672 (zt_handle_event): Didn't finish
Caller-ID spill.  Cancelling.
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
    -- Zap/5-1 is ringing
    -- Hungup 'Zap/5-1'
  == Spawn extension (inside, 604, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/666-7cb0'

Basically it doesn't matter where the call comes from (even another zap
interface) it always shows the above warning and callerid doesn't work. But
calls to the ata186 always show callerid.

Here is a section from my zapata.conf:
usecallerid=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no

group => 2
busydetect => no
immediate => yes
context => remote
signalling => fxs_ls
callerid=asreceived
stripmsd => 1
channel => 1

context => inside
immediate = no
signalling => fxo_ks
group => 3

callerid="Phone 1" <600>
channel => 2

Each of the other phones are defined with the same two lines, just a diff
extension number and channel number.
Calling from one of these zap phones to the ATA shows the above callerid,
but calling from sip to these phones shows nothing on the phone (but the
above error msg on the console)...

Regards,
Adam