[Asterisk-Users] RE: [Asterisk-Dev] Several patches, including recording and music -on-hold

Mon Apr 14 06:11:51 MST 2003

Just to throw in my 0.02c worth, it would be nice to be able to specify
"record everything 'heard' by this channel. ie, all input/output to/from the
channel. This would solve the conference bit as long as the channel is in
the conference, you can record the entire conference. Mainly having it all
in one file allows to hear the whole conversation as it progressed.

Also, I would vote for the file format to be:
<start-date>.<start-time>.<end-date>.<end-time>.<sourcechan>.<destchan>.gsm

Or, put the times into unix time format (ie, seconds since 1/1/1970)

The nice thing about this method is that a simple 'ls' of the directory will
sort the files into the relevant time order for you.

If you were interested in a particular channel you can always do:
ls *zap5*

or similar...

PS: Thanks very much for contributing this back, I can see it being very
helpful for a lot of people, incl me if I ever get the more basic bits right
:)

Regards,
Adam