[Asterisk-Users] play message on bridged call

Sun Apr 13 03:21:29 MST 2003

> i was just wondering if its possible to play a prerecorded
> message on a bridged channel.
>
> For example : someone calls in on asterisk and is connected through to an
> outgoing phonenumber, the person picking up on this outgoing call would
> first hear something like "this call is coming from the
> asterisk platform".  (No problem if the caller on the incoming line
> hears this too)

Hmmm, probably a number of ways to do this... but the only way I can think
of at the moment would be AGI (though I don't really know anything about
AGI)...

Really what you want to do is something like this:

Answer the incoming call
Receive the number to dial
Dial the number
Play message
Connect the two channels

> I know you could look at the callerid on the phone, but lets
> suppose it has no display for the sake of it ;)
>
> Anyone got some practical advice / examples on this ?

Hmmm, another thought, does the agent interface support this sort of thing.
ie, announce details about the call to the agent before the call is patched
through??

Regards,
Adam