[Asterisk-Users] Recording Prompts

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Sat Apr 12 03:20:49 MST 2003

The quality may be improved by filtering the original .wav to remove the
frequencies above 4000Hz, as these will cause distortion due to aliasing
  (the sox man page has an explanation under the "resample" option).

So, "sox infile.wav -r 8000 outfile.gsm resample -ql" may give a better
result.

You could also play with the band and bandpass effects to reshape your
input file before resampling to 8000 - removing the bass end helps
clarity.

"sox infile.wav outfile.wav bandpass 1950 3000" will apply a 300Hz to
3300Hz bandpass filter which you can then resample as above.

Hope this helps

Richard