[Asterisk-Users] sip registration problems

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Apr 11 06:53:29 MST 2003

> register => foo:password at proxy.com
>
> the first problem was that asterisk converted the host part of the
> to/from uri from the domain name proxy.com to its ip address, which i
> don't want to be done and don't know how to prevent it.

Just check latest CVS as of this morning.

> the second problem was that i could not figure out how i can give the
> authentication username separately from the user part of the to/from uri
> (foo).
>
> so the registration line syntax should be something like this:
>
> register => uri:username:password

Is this something like the ;user=phone thing?  How is this supposed to be
applied?  You can send me a sip dump off-list of what this should look
like.

> and then asterisk should make an srv lookup on _sip._udp + the host part
> of the uri prefixed by to figure out where to send the registration
> request.

Is this just a regular gethostbyname() or is this something more complex?
Do you have a spec you can point to?

> assuming that the above two problems get solved, the next thing that i
> would like to try is to configure asterisk so that it forwards any calls
> that it gest from the pstn side to the sip proxy and wise versa with a
> possible pattern matching rewrite of the calling/called phone numbers
> (user part of the from/uri on the sip side).  cisco calls this dial
> plan configuration in their pstn/sip gws.

That's all extensions.conf.

Mark