[Asterisk-Users] sip registration problems

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Apr 11 01:14:23 MST 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> i installed yesterday asterisk cvs version and tried to register
> asterisk as a sip ua with my proxy.  there was two problems that i was
> not able to solve with the style of register line shown in the default
> sip.conf:
>
> register => foo:password at proxy.com
>
> the first problem was that asterisk converted the host part of the
> to/from uri from the domain name proxy.com to its ip address, which i
> don't want to be done and don't know how to prevent it.

It's new behaviour to do that - don't like it either and I think Mark will
take a patch to adjust.

But in practice it doesn't seem to matter - at least for FWD, Packet8,
iConnecthere that I use.  They all seem to recognise who you are just by
reference to the username part of the From URI.

Does your proxy want to match the entire URI to recognise the user?

> the second problem was that i could not figure out how i can give the
> authentication username separately from the user part of the to/from uri
> (foo).
>
> so the registration line syntax should be something like this:
>
> register => uri:username:password

Like register => jo at myhouse.com:bob:secret ?

I don't think it can currently be done...  I'm not so sure why you need
that, though?

Regards,
Steve