[Asterisk-Users] Channel Banks

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Apr 10 11:16:24 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 12:22, Judson Lester wrote:
> On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> >
> >> I've also been attracted by the Rhino channel bank
> >> (www.channelbanks.com) and was wondering if anyone had any experience
> >> with them.
> >
> > I don't know the price on them so I can not comment on whether it is a
> > good deal. But for a one off project even if it is in the office, I'd
> > suggest Ebay.
>
> Rhino sells them new for 1300USD.  I've been looking at both new and
> used options, but haven't been comparing price between new and used
> equipment.  Is 1300 in the range on a new CB for using analog phone
> sets?

I don't know enough to say for sure. Depends on the support you will
get, and how well they run. I can't say I'd jump at it, but then again,
I'm willing to jump at ebay options. If you consider I've been directly
responsible for 3 ebay purchased CBs, and the total amount spent is
maybe $800. Out of those 3, 1 is mostly useless, 1 is being used, and
the other is in my basement awaiting me to do some more testing with it.
I think if you know what you are getting from ebay, the cost of new is
hard to justify. If you are deploying to a customer, then by all means
get new, and that price may not be bad for what it is.

Just to point out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3411964728&category=3309
This is a adit 600, with 24 FXS ports, a router card, and a battery
backup. Remember a adit 600 come stock with 2 T1 interfaces. Price as of
this writing is $350, reserve met.