[Asterisk-Users] How to make an X100P answer only one distinctive ring cadence?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Apr 10 08:42:39 MST 2003

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 08:48 pm, Jim Archer wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> Is it possible to cause asterisk to answer some distinctive ring
> patterns but not others? I have a POTS line plugged into an X100P
> and I would like * to ignore one ring cadence that is answered by a
> fax machine.  How would I do that?

I don't think there's any way currently to do that, as such.  However,
an X100P shouldn't pick up a line which is already picked up, so if
your fax machine can detect the ringing, then simply allow the phone
to ring longer (a longer initial Wait) and have the fax machine pick
up immediately.

Alternatively, you could get an FXS card from Digium and set up a
'fax' extension, such that when a fax is detected from within
Asterisk, it passes the call through to the FXS port connected to the
fax machine.

-Tilghman